When you are considering purchasing a new website it is useful to approach a website designer with some knowledge of what you require.
We have put together a guide below which should help you in identifying some key aspects which will be useful when approaching us to build your new website:
- What is the purpose of your website e.g. online shop, web presence?
- What domain names do you want to register and for how many years would you like to purchase them for?
- Who would you like to use for hosting and will the hosting package be suitable for your website requirements?
- Do you have a logo or did you want one to be designed?
- Who is your target market?
- Would you like email addresses and if so, which ones?
- How many pages do you require and what information do you want on them?
- Will you supply the text or should our copywriter create it for you?
- Will you be supplying the photography or should we purchase it on your behalf?
- What online marketing strategy do you have in mind? e.g. search engine optimisation, ad words etc
- How beneficial will it be to edit your own website?
- Look at a few websites and see what types of design you like and whether it appeal to your target market?
- Look at your competitors’ websites, get ideas from them.
- Consider a maintenance plan for browser tests, back up etc